Rabu, 28 November 2012

Story sharing

I found this story quite heart touching...



After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said, “I love you, but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some time with you.”

The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally
. That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie. “What’s wrong, are you well?” she asked.

My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news. “I thought that it would be pleasant to spend some time with you,” I responded. “Just the two of us.” She thought about it for a moment, and then said, “I would like that very much.”

That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date. She waited in the door with her coat on. She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last wedding anniversary. She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel’s. “I told my friends that I was going to go out with my son, and they were impressed, “she said, as she got into the car. “They can’t wait to hear about our meeting.”

We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and cozy. My mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady. After we sat down, I had to read the menu. Her eyes could only read large print. Half way through the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me. A nostalgic smile was on her lips. “It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small,” she said. “Then it’s time that you relax and let me return the favor,” I responded. During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation – nothing extraordinary but catching up on recent events of each other’s life. We talked so much that we missed the movie. As we arrived at her house later, she said, “I’ll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you.” I agreed.

“How was your dinner date?” asked my wife when I got home. “Very nice. Much more so than I could have imagined,” I answered.

A few days later, my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn't have a chance to do anything for her. Some time later, I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place mother and I had dined. An attached note said: “I paid this bill in advance. I wasn't sure that I could be there; but nevertheless, I paid for two plates – one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know what that night meant for me. I love you, son.”

At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time: “I LOVE YOU” and to give our loved ones the time that they deserve. Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till “some other time.”


Don't Forget To Share, If It Impresses You

4 komentar:

  1. Do you want to open your Binance account but unable to sign in because of troubles and errors that have occupied all your time and even, refrain you from opening your account? Under such scenarios, you are advised to get in touch with the bunch of skilled executives who are always there to guide you. Just connect with the professionals via Binance support phone number and avail all the services in short-period of time. You will surely be amazed by the kind of services Binance Support Number they deliver. Speak to the team and avail fruitful solution in no team by contacting with the team anytime.

    BalasHapus
  2. Is your path of trading in danger in your Blockchain account? Are you unable to sell and buy Bitcoin in Blockchain? Sometimes such errors are from backend and can be simplified under the supervision of elite executives via Blockchain support number, who are always there to take you on the right path. The team is always at your support and no matter what, at what time you call, they will always be ready to address your queries and deliver accurate Blockchain Support NUmber answers. The team is ready to help you in every possible manner. Contact with the team anytime to get impeccable solution.

    BalasHapus
  3. How to deal with Time out error that suddenly occurs when you are doing something important and all of sudden, it shows Time out connection error? Time out error is from backend and there’s nothing you can do to avoid it but you must have solutions to deal with this error. You can call on Gemini support number which Gemini Support Number is always functional and users can take fruitful assistance from the team who’s there to help you. You can connect with the team and get solutions that are verified.

    BalasHapus
  4. Are you coming across error or trouble while sending bitcoin from your Libra Coin account? Libra Coin is the leading exchange as per Cointelegraph data and has funding of over $151 million with the highest daily trading volume. Is this error troubling you at the top of your nerve? What could be done to resolve it when you have no solution related to it on your hand? Just take your phone and dial Libra Coin customer care number Libra Support Number which is always functional and users can knock the doors of professionals anytime to get the fruitful results related to the errors.

    BalasHapus